According to Neilsen Ratings and U.S. Census figures, in 2013, Food Network claimed an estimated 99 million viewers (which represents a whopping 75% of Television Market Share). Since that time, ratings have slipped by some 20 percent, leaving one Forbes writer to question whether the network remains relevant. We won’t leave you in suspense: it does!
Consider the following:
- Food Network ranks first among all cable networks, with a demographic that is inclined to purchase what is being advertised on the network.
- The network consistently ranks in the Top 15 in total viewership and is considered a Top 10 upscale cable network.
- com is the number one food brand across all digital platforms.
- 13 million people are connected to Food Network through social media.
- 31% of the viewers of Food Network have graduated with at least a four-year degree from a university or college.
- The average household income of a Food Network viewer is $80,331.
- 17% of those who watch Food Network are employed in a white collar profession or hold a managerial position.
- About five million people who watch Food Network will visit the network’s website at least once over the course of a month.
While the debate about the network continues, suffice it to say that whether or not we watch the cable network devoted to it, Americans are obsessed with food. When we aren’t cooking or eating it, we are busy reading recipes, snapping and sharing pics of it, shopping for gadgets and gourmet ingredients so we can prepare it, or making reservations. So a great way to appeal to your customer base is to take make the most of the craze by ordering trendy food-related promotional products. Whether you decide to go with something edible or trendy tools of the trade, here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Bamboo or Wooden spoons
- BBQ sets
- Bottle bags
- Bottle openers
- Bottle stoppers
- Canvas grocery totes
- Cookie cutters
- Cutting boards
- Egg slicers
- Farmer’s Market mesh bags
- Herb gardens
- Ice cube trays
- Jar openers
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Oven mitts
- Pizza cutters
- Pizza, Pasta and Pie servers
- Portable lunch containers
- Salt & Pepper shakers
- Sandwich bags
- Spice jars
- Spoon rests
- Storage containers
- Tea infusers
- Vegetable peelers
Case Study in Point
A regional healthcare facility dedicated to increasing patients healthy lifestyles was looking for the perfect item to give all of their clients which would not only improve the clinics brand awareness but would also be used on a daily basis to assist in developing a healthy diet.
Price point was critical as there was a ‘high perceived value.’ In addition, compliance with federal regulations was a must. They were presented with several options but soon determined the Flexible Cutting Board was the perfect answer to their brand strategy.
The results of the promotion were greater than expected. Clients welcomed the Flexible Cutting Board and began using it in conjunction with the nutritional counseling they received from the clinic. While eating healthy soon became the ‘standard’ among their patients, a subsequent reduction in cholesterol, blood lipids and weight loss followed. The clinic was so pleased with the results, they routinely order other “houseware” items as complimentary marketing pieces.
On Target Promotions is a national promotional products agency based in Riverside, California. We help clients use promotional products along with other media to design and secure quality promotional programs that meet their goals and exceed their expectations. Since we believe nothing is a greater reflection of success than a repeat customer, everything we do is designed with our customer in mind. Your focus is our goal. Call (951) 682-8427 or email us to start your project today.