Theories abound as to the exact meaning and origin of the word “swag:”
- Some say it originally referred to goods stolen by a burglar.
- Others believe it to be an acronym standing for phrases such as:
- Souvenirs, Wearables, And Gifts
- Stuff We All Get
- Stuff We Are Given
- Stuff We Ain’t Got
- Sealed With A Gift
- Merriam Webster defines it as, “a noun used to describe promotional items since the 1960’s” — referring to everything from promotional records sent to radio stations to free slippers for airline passengers.Whatever its origin, the term caught on when Hollywood actors and actresses started receiving bags of valuables at award shows. This practice broadened the meaning and eventually came to encompass anything given to an attendee of an event (such as a conference) as a promotional gift.
At On Target Promotions, we use the term “swag” to refer to fun, free branding items placed in bags of exited award winners and party-goers as well as trade show attendees. And it is our pleasure to offer the best available swag for our customers, clients, vendors and friends.
Although people tend to think of swag in terms of common items such as T-shirts, mugs and pens, your options for branded gifting are virtually endless. And the great thing about swag is that it has staying power. When you give a prospect or client a unique item that they can use time and again, your brand will be reinforced each time the logo-d item is used.
Here are some of our favorite ideas for your Company’s Swag:
- Bluetooth speakers
- Bluetooth headphones
- Cord winders
- Cosmetic cases
- Crystal paperweights
- Desk caddies
- Fine chocolates
- Fitness trackers
- Flannel shirts
- Golf and workout towels
- Power banks
- Reusable bags
- Screen cleaners
- Selfie sticks
- Sport bottles
- Stemless wine glasses
- Tablet and smartphone cradles
- Tech cases
- Tool Kits
- USB chargers
- Virtual reality viewers
- Yummy Food Gifts
OnTarget Promotions helps hundreds of clients across Southern California use swag to great effect. Here is what one such customer has to say:
“On Target Promotions has been supporting Sysco Riverside since its founding in 2013. The service we have received has been exemplary. The entire team at On Target Promotions has a great ability to help us find the items we need to brand our company and satisfy our customers.
The crew there does more than source logo items for us. They help us to come up with the right items in sometimes very unrealistic timelines and still manage to come through. We have worked with over 25 brands and purchased hundreds of individual line items through On Target Promotions. Their communication and shipment tracking is always extremely thorough.”
~Dan Meeker, Director of Business Resources & Marketing, Sysco Riverside
OnTarget Promotions is a national promotional products agency based in Riverside, California. We help clients use promotional products along with other media to design and secure quality promotional programs that meet their goals and exceed their expectations. Since we believe nothing is a greater reflection of success than a repeat customer, everything we do is designed with our customer in mind. Your focus is our goal. Call (951) 682-8427 or email us to start your project today.